Tuesday, November 13, 2007

The Authority of Prayer & Worship

Our second Core Value at UCC is The Value of Prayer.

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land. Now my eyes will be open and my ears attentive to the prayers offered in this place. I have chosen and consecrated this temple so that my Name may be there forever. My eyes and my heart will always be there."

In this scripture we see that Prayer allows God to move "...then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land.

It also shows us that Prayer allows us to move, "..."If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."

Prayer also allows revival, There is a quote that says:
"You can pray and never have revival but you will never have revival until you pray."

Prayer is a major communication path with God our creator, and to often it is the first thing to slip our daily activities. In the past, I have gotten so busy with life that I have let days go by without talking with God, and then I wonder why I feel so down or discouraged. Prayer is a vital link between God and his creation. When it comes to worship, I have to point out that if we are not praying on a daily, hourly basis, how then can we worship God. We cannot worship that which we do not know!

Prayer affords us the opportunity to come before God and build our relationship as we ask for forgiveness and guidance as we listen for His words.

No comments: