Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Blogs I Like

I'm somewhat new to the blogging world, but I find it interesting and informative. You can learn a lot about someone that blogs if you read their stuff long enough. Two blogs I like particularly are links on the sidebar. Randompokes is a good friend of mine and I have enjoyed reading his blog for quite sometime. You can find anything from his love for Anchor Community Church where he attends, to politics, to family musings. The other blog is the United brethren Bishop's blog site. There you can read what is on the heart of the Bishop concerning the denomination, and the local church's response. Over time I hope to find other blogs worthy of reading, but for now these to are my favorite.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Chris
Good job on the blog. Really enjoyed the article about worship. I've thought a lot about worship through the years and it's always been a source of enlightment for me. I read one time an article from a Pastor about worship, and I quote "It is a constant source of amazement to me that men can be so blind to the fact that they are not as they often imagine themselves to be, independent creatures making their own way through life. It is amazing how much we take for granted. We accept as perfectly natural to us all the forces that keep us alive, and basically talk about being self made men. We strut through life as if their were no one else we need to recognize as the source of our strength and power," end quote. One of the charges that has always been against man is that when they knew God they glorified him not as God, nor were they thankful, which is one of the pillars of worship. Worship is a way of life, we pray to him, we love him, we depend on him, we walk with him, we talk with him, we sing songs to him. I really love Phillipians 2:9-11 It says "One day every knee will bow and every tongue will confess that Jesus Christ is Lord". He alone is worthy of our worship. One day those who choose to worship him and those that refuse to WILL acknowledge that He is Lord above all. Isn't that awesome.
Larry

Chris Kuntz said...

Larry, Thanks for that. I agree that it will be an awesome day when everything that God has created will stop looking upon them selves and finally give God the honor and recognition as the supreme I AM that He is.