Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Living vrs. Doing comment

I recieved a comment that I thought deserved it's own post, so here it is.

I've enjoyed reading your blogs. It's such a good idea, especially for the worship team members to have a place to voice opinions on different topics. However, usually I don't say anything... but this one struck a place deep. Lately life has seemed a little upside down for me... And I find myself asking God when I will get a moment to stop and take a breath. Obstacle after obstacle is thrown in my face... it's like I'm treading water and doing my best just to keep my face above the surface. I try not to let it show, I tend to hold my feelings inside, that's probably not the best thing to do - but for me sometimes it seems better that way.

Home Life:
Most of you probably know that my parents recently got separated. The whole going back and forth from home to dads hasn't been the easiest thing in the world. In fact I'm really struggling with it.

Work Life:
I've been working at Bob Evans since March and a coworker that I haven't had any trouble with has decided to shake things up a bit. He knows, most everyone at work knows that I follow Christ. I've wanted to make that known, and shown. This coworker of mine has always made little comments trying to offend me - and I've let them slide. I almost took it as a complement... for example I guess in his point of view "I'm wasting my time going to church." But lately, like I said he's decided to shake things up a bit, take it a step farther. He's been talking down to me at work to the point I leave crying... and it doesn't just stay at work, he calls me profane words in the hallways at school, and talks about me behind my back. Let's just say that it's been a little hard trying to keep my composure, not let it get to me.

With home life and work life kind of crazy and struggling with being a senior and figuring college out... I've felt very needy when it comes to Christ. My relationship with Him is on a level that’s very hard to describe. He is that person, that buddy you run to for comfort, or just talk to because no one else seems to be around. But what I've come to notice, like what you've said, is that Christ is soooo... much more than just a buddy, He is a God that I've learned to fear. I've learned to fear Him because I've realized through my recent situations that He is the ONLY ONE in control, and He's in control ALL THE TIME. Which has also been comforting. Realizing this has changed my whole view on things. Work has been getting so crazy I was thinking about applying at other places. But what I've come to see is that I do try my best to resemble Christ in whatever atmosphere I am in, whether home, school, or work and if by doing this it "shakes things up a bit" between myself and nonbelievers then I guess I'm "doing" what I was meant to do. Applying at other places is not an option for me right now. I think I was just seeing myself as I was "living" my life and now I've realized it's not about the living it's all about the doing. And when things do get a little bumpy... I'll just turn to the fact that I know my God is in control.

No comments: