Saturday, January 12, 2008

The Greatest Story Ever Told


In March, we will be doing a production at church called "By His Wounds", and it basically rein acts the final hours of the life of Christ. As I have been working on getting things in order for this, I have started to find myself getting excited about telling this story. I get excited about the people involved in the production and what they will take away from it, and I get excited for those that will attend, and what they will take away from it. Telling the story of Jesus Christ and what He did for each of us should never lose it's excitement, but somehow it does, or does it?

I think that since God never changes, then the excitement of the story should never change. The story itself never changes, Christ died on the cross and rose again on the third day thereby providing a way for you and I to come back into a right relationship with God. No God never changes, we change. We get pulled here and there, for this and that, yet God never changes. We are up we are down, positive then negative, strong then weak, but God never changes. We are nice then mean, loving then hateful, grateful then indifferent, but God never changes.

I love the fact that my creator, the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob, never changes. That means then that my excitement should never change save to only get stronger. I serve a great God, a loving God, and a just God. And His son Jesus Christ has a story that he want's us to tell. So let us not be ashamed, afraid, timid or cautious, but bold, strong and excited to tell the greatest story ever told, the story of Jesus Christ.

No comments: