Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Oh To Think Like A Child

Tonight I was reading a chapter from Genesis to my boys right before they went to bed. As I was flipping pages finding the text I wanted to read to them, my oldest began to inform me that every page in the bible is the word of God. That He created every word and put them on every page. He also informed me that with His powers he created the front and back covers as well. At about that time my middle child chimed in, "That's right daddy". I thought it was cute and wanted to share.

1 comment:

Patti said...

I was going down Fairfield after work tonight, listening to WBCL (as always), got to the intersection of Rudisill, was crossing it (with the light) when all of a sudden, a young man jogging was crossing right in front of me. I quickly looked, slammed on my breaks, let him cross. He was definitely in the wrong...but, that's neither here nor there. But God was! He was sure that at that very moment in time, my eyes were in front of me, not reaching for the radio, taking a drink of my Diet Pepsi, looking down at my purse (or any number of distractions). It took about 1/4 mile for the reality to sink in as to what had just happened. I wondered if that kid's life flashed before his eyes - as I was thinking of what could have happened and yet, didn't.
God was there as I fell apart, wondering about the aftermath of what could have happened. All I could do at that very moment was to say over and over again, "Thank you, thank you, thank you, Jesus, Jesus, Jesus. I love you, thank you." So, tonight, God saved the life of a young man and the life of this grateful child...your mom.