Saturday, December 16, 2006

Psalm 104

A few days ago I was reading in Psalms and came across this passage in chapter 104. It gave me a picture of God that brought a smile to my face, and I wanted to share it with you. I would urge you to read past what I have below, the whole chapter is a wonderful vision of how great and mighty and awe inspiring God is. Enjoy!!

1-14 O my soul, bless God! God, my God, how great you are! Beautifully, gloriously robed. Dressed up in sunshine,and all heaven stretched out for your tent. You built your palace on the ocean deeps,made a chariot out of clouds and took off on wind-wings. You commandeered winds as messengers,appointed fire and flame as ambassadors. You set earth on a firm foundation so that nothing can shake it, ever. You blanketed earth with ocean,covered the mountains with deep waters; Then you roared and the water ran awayƂ— your thunder crash put it to flight. Mountains pushed up, valleys spread out in the places you assigned them. You set boundaries between earth and sea; never again will earth be flooded. You started the springs and rivers, sent them flowing among the hills. All the wild animals now drink their fill, wild donkeys quench their thirst.

It still amazes me that the God who created this magnificent universe, created and cares for me!!

No comments: