Sunday, June 01, 2008

A Different View

I wanted to share something with all of you. Tonight as I sat looking over my classmates assignment submissions, I ran across a conversation between my prof and another student. They were talking about God's sovereignty and how when Sarah and Abraham were told they would have a child, Sarah laughed. My classmate said the following,

"Sarah's reaction to God's promise is a wonderful example of humans looking at their inability instead of God's abilities."

I really like how this was worded. How many times have you been challenged with something, a problem, a hard question, a situation you just would rather not go through, and laughed or veered away from it because you looked at your inabilities instead of looking at God's abilities?

The next time you are presented with something that is beyond you and you know it. Stop, and redirect your eyes and your heart to the one who can provide, strengthen, comfort, and direct. God can provide all you need and more. Let Him be your everything.

No comments: