Tuesday, August 05, 2008

Vacation time Part 2



Well, I must say thank you for those of you who prayed. Ethan was feeling much better today and back to his very, very cute self. He was playing and laughing a lot today so we all feel better that he feels better, Thank you. OH but what kind of story would this be without a twist in it. Well let me tell ya. As I said, he was feeling much better today, lots of sleep last night and a good nap today, lots of dry foods and water and his stomach is getting back to normal. We were heading up to the gym to play off supper and have fun. I pushed him there in the stroller and as we were walking inside, I went to open the big heavy metal doors to the building, and as I did, the bottom of the door basically skinned his big toe alive. I looked down and he is screaming (with no sound coming out of his mouth) and turning to me in major pain. I looked down and his big toe is bleeding all over the place. I scooped him up (sound familiar?) and just hugged him as he screamed. I can't even imagine how bad it hurt, it looked really bad. I thought I had pealed his toe nail back, might have some.

We washed it, poured peroxide over it and bandaged it up, all the while he is screaming and writhing in pain. All he wanted was his mommy, but she had run to town to pick up a few things. Poor guy, I felt so bad. So we came back to the cabin, got him some Motrin for the pain and now he is sleeping, pretty good actually, I hope this doesn't slow him down too much tomorrow. Did I mention how bad I feel?

Did I also mention, Matthew did about the same thing on a rock or piece of metal under the water in the lake today? Yeah he pretty much acted the same way :-) ha ha just kidding, but they did both injure the same toe, so now they are twins.

Anyway, the week is getting better, thank you for your prayers.

No comments: