Monday, August 04, 2008

Vacation Time

Ahhhh!! That fantastic time of year when you can say goodbye to responsibility and hello relaxation. Oh wait, I have kids, relaxation isn't really a word yet. It is this oasis in the sand that seems to elude me every time I get close to it. Yes, that Holy Grail has once again dodged my firm grip and escaped me once again. Ok enough drama, We are up at Michindoh for the week, and hopefully some quiet time. We were just sitting down to dinner the Reibers and my family and the Yaney's at another table, when Ethan decided to choke on a bit of a carrot and then proceed to spew his supper/lunch all over his dinner plate. (I know just what you wanted to read right? Well I have to share in the fun!) After he stopped, I scooped him up and rushed him out of the cafeteria and to the bathroom for a quick cleanup. So now we get to decide if it's the flu and should one of us go home with him? Or was it just the teething and a bit of an upset stomach? Who knows, so here we sit in the cabin on our first day with a sick kid. Oh the fun of vacation time.

As cynical as I sound, I am sure everything will wok out fine and he will be better by tomorrow. If not, then we will take him home and go from there. SOOOOO.... I guess it is really, goodbye responsibility, sprinkled with a pinch of hello relaxation, with a twist of frustration, and maybe a dash of disappointment.

No comments: