Saturday, August 14, 2010

Graduation Milestone

Today, I experienced a milestone. I have had goals and such, but today felt like a milestone. I graduated today with a little over 1000 other IWU graduates, 4 of which were some great guys I have had the opportunity and pleasure of getting to know over the past two and a half years.

It felt good to walk across the stage and get my diploma, although I am going back, it feels nice to have finished this chapter of life. I am looking forward to going back and getting my degree in Biblical Studies, and I am sure I will learn much through the next two years. Next graduation date is set for August 2012. (insert chuckle)

My family has been a huge support, and quite honestly has helped me get through some of the hard times while in school. It was fun challenging my oldest to see who could get a better grade in class, but of course mine costs more so I am working hard to beat him every time.

Two more years.......it's not really that long.......I can say that now, but all will be well. When I have a huge paper staring me in the face, I am exhausted and want to walk away, I will thank God for the opportunity He has given me to further my knowledge of His word, I will buckle down and get it done.

LORD, thank you for your strength, wisdom, and patience with me. Please help me to be a blessing and a servant to you. AMEN

No comments: