Tuesday, August 24, 2010

New Chapter

Well, now that it is official, I can share it with you all. Over this past summer, I have been transitioning out of my position as the worship leader at Union Chapel Church here in Fort Wayne so that I can situate myself in a place where I could learn more, get stretched and mentored in leading worship and my musicianship. Lisa and I decided that once we left Union Chapel, we would most likely attend a church close to our house so we could be more involved in the community and have easier access to the church for events.

We were looking at two churches that are right in our backyards and Emmanuel Community seemed to be a better fit for our family. I was born to be a leader, but I figured that even leaders need to be schooled and mentored, so I decided that I would join the worship and arts team at ECC as a volunteer, and serve and learn what I could as long as God wanted us there.

Time moved on, and I found out that ECC was actually looking to hire a part time worship leader to help with 2 of the 5 services they have on the weekends. I applied for the job and three times over the past two months I have auditioned for the position as a guest worship leader. I just got word Monday that the elder board voted that I was the right person to take the position and I officially start September 4th leading my first service there.

I am really excited, not only for the opportunities and on the job training I will gain, but for my family as well. There are plenty of opportunities for them to get involved to serve and still attend a service to get built up and encouraged as well.

The past 5 years at Union Chapel have been a blessing and I have learned a lot about myself, leadership, people and life. I have made some wonderful and close friends and intend to keep those relationships going as we begin this new chapter. Thank you for all of you who were praying for us during this time of seeking wisdom and understanding, we appreciate it.

I am looking forward to what the future holds for not only our lives, but for Union Chapel as well. I know God will do great things as we are both stretched and made dependent on God's power and strength.

No comments: