Monday, September 24, 2007

Darkside Of The Unknown

WOW, look at this I'm posting, such an amazing thing.

It seems as though shortly,I will have plenty of time to do so. A little over a month ago I asserted myself in a game of touch football and ended up tearing my ACL and damaging my Meniscus. This Wednesday the 26th of September, I enter into unknown territory (aka the Dark Side), the operating room. There they will reconstruct my ACL and take out the damaged cartilage. I will be laid up for a short while, I say a "short while" in the most optimistic way possible.

As many of you know I weld by trade, and I have had the unfortunate opportunity to weld some of the equipment and implants they use in surgery. I have seen things that no man should see, things that should never be allowed to see the light of day. Things that should be outlawed in 50 states. I have told myself that after seeing such instruments of torture, that I would never go into surgery. It appears as though I have been mistaken. I will join the ranks of those able to set off a metal detector even when they walk through naked. I will succumb to the horrifying experience of staples, screws and foreign metal instruments entering my body, some to take up permanent residence. The only good thing is, I will be completely out, let me say that again COMPLETELY OUT. My ears will not be graced with the sound of the bone drill or screw drill. No sir, I will be sawing logs under mans best friend called IV sedation.

See you on the flip side.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey, u dont know me but i came across your blog today whilst being challanged by the verse of the woman at the well and "worship in spirit and truth" really got me thinking. I love the way God sets us these little challanges lol.
Anyway just wanted to say thanks for blogging on it back in Feb really helped me, i too am part of a worship team in England.
Anyway thanks ..........

lisa

Chris Kuntz said...

Lisa, it is good to hear from you and I am happy that you were encouraged from the Feb post. I have to say, I was pleasantly surprised to hear where you were from, I thin kit's neat that even the world is so big, sometimes it can seem so small.

Welcome to Moldedtoworship, I hope to hear from you again.

Chris