Sunday, September 30, 2007

The Love Of Christ

Today I ventured out and went to church. Sitting around the house and being partially disabled is not something I do well. I had a good day though, the knee held up pretty good and it was just nice to get out and talk to people. We went to church early so I could help run slides, and while we were practicing, Pastor Gary came up and handed me two hundred dollars cash and said someone gave it to him to give to us to help out with bills while I was off work. I immediately had a dilemma. On one hand I greatly appreciate this persons generosity, on the other I almost felt guilty for someone giving me so much when there are so many others in need. Obviously God laid it on this persons heart to give this large gift and there is no doubt it will help pay bills while I'm not pulling in a full pay check.


John 13:33-35 says;

"My children, I will be with you only a little longer. You will look for me, and just as I told the Jews, so I tell you now: Where I am going, you cannot come.
"A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this all men will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another."

I have found that people are always watching, and when we show love to one another they see the goodness and love of Jesus Christ. I don't want this persons love shown to my family to go unseen. Let this post be a witness to the fact that the love of Christ is alive and well and given in abundance.

Thank you for your Love!

No comments: