Sunday, July 06, 2008

What A Joy


Have you ever had one of those days that you were reminded just how blessed you are?

Today was one of those days. The day started off with the opportunity to go to another church and worship. It was nice to go and not be responsible for anything but my family and my connection with God. The service was good and I enjoyed my time there. The afternoon was filled with getting last minute things ready for a Ward family reunion here at our house. As everyone started to show up and fill the house and backyard, I found myself standing at the grill cooking. I listened as brothers gathered in a circle, talking and catching up with each other. I heard the sound of laughter from the kids playing in the pool and moonwalk. People enjoying themselves in the house and yard that God blessed me with, that I so often take for granted. I silently thanked him for giving me such a big home and a wide open yard for games and running and playing. It was truly a gift to be able to host our family get-together today.

What has God blessed you with today? What is it that you take for granted that is truly a blessing from God?

Take time to thank Him, and tell Him how much you love Him.

No comments: