Tuesday, July 01, 2008

Rest at last

Well, it has been a long five weeks. I have been taking my Old Testament Survey class, and it has been interesting. I have thoroughly enjoyed this class, because it has given me a better understanding of the O.T. and God's plan for humanity. I have never really spent much time in the O.T. just due to the cultural differences. It has always been hard to understand the practices of the culture and symbolism, but now I have gained an appreciation for what the O.T. can teach us. I usually spend most of my time in the New Testament, but I feel now I will have a better understanding of it and what it means for humanity and our relationship with God.

I am now enjoying a week off of school and other responsibilities just being a dad and husband. God has blessed me with a great and supportive family, and it is good to be able to enjoy them during this break. Maybe I will finally be able to figure out how to beat my 5 year old in baseball on the Wii.

No comments: