Friday, September 12, 2008

Something Refreshing

Today, I experienced something new. Something that I hope to experience more often. I entered a place where the truth was told, where most people were honest with themselves and others. I mean heart poured out, gut wrenching, no holds bared, like it or not honesty. It was a place where every person there was pushing for the same goal; where there was one thing to accomplish, and most all were committed to it. A place where people cared genuinely and sincerely for others success. A place where you could talk about how you felt and what you have done, WITHOUT being judged for it. A place full of encouragement and hope. Today I attended my first alcoholics
anonymous meeting.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I attended one with a struggling friend & parents over 20 years ago. Amazing. Much to learn.